Al-Beruni / Al-Biruni / अलवेरूनी
- His real name was Aburaihan but he is famous as Al-Beruni which means a master.
- He came to India with Mahmood Gaznavi’s army and stayed in India for many years.
- He was a very talented man. He learned Sanskrit and read scriptures in India.
- His knowledge can be seen in his book – Tehkik-ae-Hind meaning discovering India.
- It gives a picture of Indian society and culture before the Muslim Invasion.
- Many of his books are now lost. “Purani Kaumon Ka Itihas” meaning history of olden races gives a good picture of his knowledge.