|This page is not complete. You can help us to prepare this page.|
Bharatpur / भरतपुर
- Bharatpur is a city in the Indian state of Rajasthan .
- It was founded by Maharaja Surajmal in 1733.
- Located in Mewat region, Bharatpur was once an impregnable, well-fortified city, and the capital of a kingdom ruled by Jat maharajas.
- The trio of Bharatpur, Deeg and Dholpur has played an important part in the Jat history of Rajasthan.
- Located 50 km west of the city of Agra, the city of the Tajmahal, it is also the administrative headquarters of Bharatpur District.