Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chakra Tirth / चक्रतीर्थ
- Chakra Tirth is famous throughout all Mathura mandal. It is near Ambarish Tila.The place of Maharaja Ambarish , where he worshipped the Supreme Lord with all the limbs of pure devotion.
- Once, this devoted king was about to break his Ekadashi fast at the auspicious moment on Dvadashi when the sage Durvasa arrived at his palace.
- The sage's behaviour towards King Ambarish displeased Lord Vishnu's chakra, who chased Durvasa around the universe for an entire year.
- Durvasa fled even up to Brahmalok and Shivalok, but the chakra pursued him relentlessly. Finally, he reached Vaikunthalok where Lord Vishnu advised him to go back to Ambarish , fall at his feet and beg forgiveness.
- Durvasa did so, and Ambarish prayed to the chakra to spare Durvasa. It was by these prayers that the chakra stopped, and the sage's life was spared.
- One who bathes here is liberated from sin, even the sin of killing a brahmana. By the mercy of Sudarshan chakra, he will obtain darshan of the Supreme Lord and his life will become successful.
- chakra-tirtham tu vikhyatam
mathure mama mandale
yastatra kurute snanam
mucyate brahma-hatyaya ---Adi varaha Purana