|This page is not complete. You can help us to prepare this page.|
Dattatreya / दत्तात्रेय
- Dattatreya was a son of Attri by his wife Anusuya.
- He was the son of Atri, hence the name "Atreya."
- He is considered to be one of the twenty-four incarnations of Vishnu.
- He was the patron of Kartvirya, and granted him four boons.
- Once Ravan went to the hermitage of Dattatrey and stole the water-pot which Dattatrey had purified with Mantras. On knowing this Dattatrey cursed him that his head would be trampled on by monkeys.
- Dattatrey had a son named Nimi.