Etah / एटा
- Etah is a town which is also the district headquarters of Etah district of Uttar Pradesh state, India.
- Etah is located on Grand Trunk Road which connects Delhi to Kanpur.
- This is actually the old Sher Shah Suri Marg built during Mughal period. Awagarh one of the town area of Etah used to be important princely state before Independence.
- Main occupation of the people of District is agriculture. Etah is a district of Agra Division, Uttar Pradesh and is bounded on the north by the Badaun district, on the west by district of Aligarh, Hathras, Mathura and Agra, on the south by Mainpuri and Firozabad, on the east by Farrukhabad.
- The district lies between the parallels of 27o 18' and 28o 2' North latitude and 78o 11' and 79o 17' East longitude.