Revision as of 05:26, 4 March 2010 by Govind
|This page is not complete. You can help us to prepare this page.|
Gwalior / ग्वालियर
- Gwalior is a city in Madhya Pradesh in India. It lies 76 miles (122 km) south of Agra and has a population of over 12 lakh (1,200,000).
- The Gwalior metropolitan area is the 46th most populated area in the country.
- Gwalior occupies a strategic location in the Gird region of North India, and the city and its fortress have served as the center of several of North India's historic kingdoms.
- At present also its strategic location is marked by the presence of major air base at Maharajpura.
- Gwalior is the administrative headquarters of Gwalior district and Gwalior division.