Kumbhakarn / कुम्भकर्ण
- Kumbhakarn was a son of Vishrava by his wife Kaikasi and the brother of Ravan and Vibhishan.
- Ravan and Kumbhkarn were the incarnations of Jay and Vijay, the door-keepers of Vishnu.
- Kumbhkarn, along with his brothers, performed severe penance and because of a slip of his tongue obtained the boon of sleep from Brahma.
- Kumbhkarn was married to Vajrajvala and had two sons, Kumbh and Nikumbh.
- In the battle between Ram and Ravan, the latter panicked and sent for his brother, who was in one of his sleeping bouts.
- Kumbhkarn came to the assistance of Ravan, and caused heavy damage in the army of Ram. After Sugriv and his generals, Lakshman, etc. had failed to stop him, Ram killed Kumbhkarn with his arrows.
Ahalya · Rama · Bharat · Laxman · Shatrughna · Dashrath · Kaushalya · Kaikeyi · Sumitra · Shurpnakha · Janak · Sita · Ravana · Urmila · Meghnad · Vibhishan · Angad · Hanuman · Kumbhakarn · Marich · Mandodari · Vasishtha · Vishvamitra · Bali · Sugriva · Sampati · Jambvan · Manthara · Jatayu · Shabri · Lanka · Neel · Nal · Panchvati · Lav Kush · Tadka