Neel / नील
- Neel was a monkey, son of Agni. He was created to help Vishnu in his incarnation as Ram.
- When Bali was killed by Ram, Neel was asked to remove the fatal arrow that had pierced Bali's heart.
- Sugriv sent Neel with Hanuman, Angad and Jambvan to look for Sita in the southern regions.
- During the army's march to Lanka, Ram commanded Neel to go ahead with a hundred thousand warriors and explore the path ahead.
- They were to lead the army through a path where fruits, water, honey and shade were available.
- Neel was also warned to keep an eye on the Daemon, who may have laid traps on the way.
- In the Ram-Ravan battle, he was commanded to lead the attack on the eastern gate of Lanka which was guarded by Prahast.
- When Indrajit had made himself invisible, Ram sent monkeys, among them Neel, to ascertain what had become of the Daemon, but they remained unsuccessful.
- In a combat with Prahast, the latter showered Neel with arrows. Being pierced with arrows, Neel uprooted a huge tree and attacked Prahast, destroying the Daemon's chariot and bow, and finally killed him with a rock.
Ahalya · Rama · Bharat · Laxman · Shatrughna · Dashrath · Kaushalya · Kaikeyi · Sumitra · Shurpnakha · Janak · Sita · Ravana · Urmila · Meghnad · Vibhishan · Angad · Hanuman · Kumbhakarn · Marich · Mandodari · Vasishtha · Vishvamitra · Bali · Sugriva · Sampati · Jambvan · Manthara · Jatayu · Shabri · Lanka · Neel · Nal · Panchvati · Lav Kush · Tadka