Jump to navigation Jump to search
Parashar / पराशर
- Parashar was a Rishi, the son of sage Shakti by his wife Adrishyanti, and grandson of Vasishth, to whom some hymns of the Rigveda are attributed.
- Once Parashar met Satyavati, who used to ferry passengers across the river Ganga to help her father.
- He fell immediately in love with her, and in the middle of the river, he created a fog, and begot on her a son named Vyas.
- From that moment onwards, Satyavati, lost the stink of fish, and obtained the pleasant fragrance of musk.
- Parashar blessed Satyavati that her virginity would remain intact, and left her.