Aditi / अदिति
• Aditi was king Daksha’s daughter and was married to Sage Kashup.
• She is also known as the mother of deities. Mitra-Varuna, Aditya, Rudra, Indra etc are said to be his sons.
• If seen according to the modern times, she appears to be the universe with everyone rotating the sun.
• The Vedas describe Aditi as boundless.
• Puranas describe Aditi to be the sky, air, mother, father, all the deities and humans, the past, present and the future.
• Sage Kashyap had two wives – Adii and Diti.
• Aditi gave birth to the Devatas (nymphs) and Diti gave birth to Daitya (monsters).
• Devaki, Shri Krishna’s mother, is said to be an incarnation of Aditi.