Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- Aditi was king Daksha’s daughter and was married to Sage Kashup.
- She is also known as the mother of deities. Mitra-Varuna, Aditya, Rudra, Indra etc are said to be his sons.
- If seen according to the modern times, she appears to be the universe with everyone rotating the sun.
- The Vedas describe Aditi as boundless.
- Puranas describe Aditi to be the sky, air, mother, father, all the deities and humans, the past, present and the future.
- Sage Kashyap had two wives – Adii and Diti.
- Aditi gave birth to the Devatas (nymphs) and Diti gave birth to Daitya (monsters).
- Devaki, Shri Krishna’s mother, is said to be an incarnation of Aditi.