Revision as of 09:02, 31 December 2009 by Govind
Aditi / अदिति
- Aditi was king Daksha’s daughter and was married to Sage Kashup.
- She is also known as the mother of deities. Mitra-Varuna, Aditya, Rudra, Indra etc are said to be his sons.
- If seen according to the modern times, she appears to be the universe with everyone rotating the sun.
- The Vedas describe Aditi as boundless.
- Puranas describe Aditi to be the sky, air, mother, father, all the deities and humans, the past, present and the future.
- Sage Kashyap had two wives – Adii and Diti.
- Aditi gave birth to the Devatas (nymphs) and Diti gave birth to Daitya (monsters).
- Devaki, Shri Krishna’s mother, is said to be an incarnation of Aditi.