Agra / आगरा
- The city of the Tajmahal Agra is on the banks of the Yamuna River in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, India.
- It finds mention in the epic Mahabharata when it was called Agravana , or Paradise.
- It achieved fame as the capital of the Mughal emperors from 1526 to 1658 and remains a major tourist destination because of its many splendid Mughal-era buildings, most notably the Tajmahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri, all three of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Agra is situated on the banks of Yamuna river. On the north it is bound by Mathura, on the south by Dhaulpur, on the east by Firozabad, on the south-east by Fatehabad and on the west by Bharatpur.
- Agra is the third biggest city in Uttar Pradesh.
Surdas Statue, Surkuti, Sur Sarovar Agra