|This page is not complete. You can help us to prepare this page.|
Narad Muni / नारद मुनि
- According to compendium of Hindus, Brahma had seven human sons.
- Narad was one of them and became a priest-sage after a hard penance.
- He is believed to be one of the dear devotees of Vishnu.
- Narad was represented as the messenger between gods and men, bearing a lute.
- He was wont to provoke quarrels. Narad had many reincarnations.
- It was Narad who discouraged the sons of Daksh from helping in the process of creation, and was cursed by the latter to be born as his son.
- Narad was also born as a Devgandharv, the son of Kashyap by his wife Muni.
- Once, on a visit to Dwarka, Narad tried to test Krishna. He visited all the 16008 wives of Krishna, and he saw the latter in conversation with each of them.
- Narad was filled with wonder that Krishna managed to maintain all his wives.