Sakshi Gopal Temple
Sakshi Gopal Temple / साक्षी गोपाल का मन्दिर
- West of the Shri Govind Deo Temple are the ruins of the Sakshi Gopal Temple. This ancient deity of Gopal went to Vidyanagar to act as a witness (sakshi).
- Shri Chaitanya Charitamrita narrates the amazing story of Shri Gopalji, who is loving to His devotees (bhakta-vatsala).
- In this case, this refers to an older and a younger brahmana. Upon arriving at Vidyanagar, Shri Gopalji testified before the assembled people.
- He said, "The older brahmana was very pleased with the service of the younger brahmana, and promised to give his daughter in marriage to him.
- I am the witness to this statement." In time, this deity went to Shri Jagannath Puri and is now present in Satyavadipura, about twelve miles from Puri.
- Now, Satyavadipura is famous by the name of Sakshi Gopal. Since then, the temple of Sakshi Gopal in Vrindavan has been deserted, and today only its ruins remain.
Temples of Vrindavan
Ashtasakhi Kunj · Rang Nath Temple · Bankhandi Mahadev · Brahmchari Thakur Badi · Govind Deo Temple · Banke Bihari Temple · Shah Bihari Ji Temple · Madan Mohan Temple · Radha Vallabh Temple · Rup Sanatan Gaudiya Math · Jaipur Temple · Jugal Kishor Temple · Radha Raman Temple · Iskcon Temple · Radha Damodar Temple · Radha Vinod Temple · Lala Babu Temple · Gopi Nath Ji Temple · Sakshi Gopal Temple · Swarnmayi Temple · Shyamsunder Temple · Savaman Shalgram · Shahjapur Temple · Shri Ji Temple · Tikari Rani Thakur Badi · Radha Madhav Temple · Varddhman Maharaj Kunj