Saraswati Patan Tirth
Saraswati Patan Tirth / Krishna Ganga Ghat / सरस्वती पतनतीर्थ
- Saraswati Patan Tirth lies near Gau Ghat, or Som Tirth. The river Saraswati used to meet the Yamuna here.
- Another name of the river Saraswati is Shri Krishna Ganga. This Tirth is therefore also known as Krishna Ganga Ghat.
- This ghat is related to Shri Krishna-dvaipayana Ved Vyas. He took birth from Matsyagandha Satyavati and Maharishi Parashar on an island in the Yamuna near here.
- Some say that Shri Vyasdev composed Shrimad-Bhagavat here, and this is correct. Shrimad-Bhagavat is the treatise for the topmost transcendentalist, and is known as the Param-hansa-sanhita.
- Ved vyas took instruction from Devarishi Narad. Through his practice of bhakti-yoga, he saw the Absolute Truth, Shri Krishna, and all His pastimes in Braj, Mathura and Dvarka.
- How else could he have had darshan of Shri Krishna and describe the sweetest of His sweetest pastimes without having performed worship in Braj-dham, the sweetest of all sacred abodes? This is the opinion of learned devotees who are able to extract the essence of scripture.
- One who bathes here is relieved from all types of sin and attains love of God. Even people of low caste become param-hansas, or the best of devotees, by bathing here.
Avimukt Tirth · Guhya Tirth · Prayag Tirth · Kankhal Tirth · Tinduk Tirth · Surya Tirth · Batswami Tirth · Dhruv Tirth · Rishi Tirth · Moksh Tirth · Koti Tirth South · Bodhi Tirth · Nav Tirth · Sanyman Tirth · Dharapatan Tirth · Naag Tirth · Ghantabharnak Tirth · Brahma Tirth · Som Tirth · Saraswati Patan Tirth · Chakra Tirth · Dashashavmedh Tirth · Vighanraj Tirth · Koti Tirth North