|This page is not complete. You can help us to prepare this page.|
Subhadra / सुभद्रा
- Subhadra was a daughter of Vasudev, sister of Krishna and a wife of Arjun.
- Once, when the Yadavs held a grand festival on the mountain Raivatak, Arjun was visiting Dvarka.
- Krishna and Arjun strolling about came across Subhadra and her companions. The moment Arjun saw her, he fell in love with her.
- Krishna did not fail to notice what was occupying his kinsman's mind. Laughing, Krishna teased him and asked him if he was interested in marrying her.
- When Arjun said that he would do anything to obtain her, Krishna advised him to abduct her, as one could not be too certain who she would chose at a Svayamvar.
- According to the plan of action discussed between them, Arjun carried Subhadra off in his chariot as she was returning to Dvarka from the temple atop mountain Raivatak.
- When the guards informed the kings of the abduction, the furious Yadavs began gathering their army. But on Balram's counsel they all listened to what Krishna had to say.
- Krishna defended Arjun's action and commended the alliance, where upon the Yadavs acquiesced, and Arjun was escorted back to Dvarka, where he married Subhadra. Arjun and Subhadra had a son named Abhimanyu.
- During the thirteenth year of exile of the Pandavs, Krishna took Subhadra and Abhimanyu with him to Dvarka.
Abhimanyu · Arjuna · Ashvatthama · Eklavya · Karna · Kunti · · Keechak · Krishna · Ghatotkacha · Jayadratha · Duryodhana · Dushasan · Dronacharya · Drupad · · Draupadi · Nakula · · Bhim · Bhishma · · Shantanu · Yudhisthira · Vidur · Ved Vyas · Shakuni · Parikshit · · Kaurav · · Shishupal · Subhadra · · Sanjay · Sahdeva · · Shikhandi · · Shalva · · Shalya · · Dhritrashtra · · Pandu · · Adhirath · · Amba · · Ambika · · Ambalika · · Dhrishtadyumna · · Gandhari · · Lakshagrah · · Maadri · · Virat · · Uttara · · Hidimba · · Jarasandh · · Krapacharya