Jump to navigation Jump to search
Vrishabhanu Kund / वृषभानु कुण्ड
- Vrishabhanu Kund is situated east of the village of Barsana. Maharaja Vrishabhanu bathed in this kund every morning.
- He would also chant his daily mantras and perform other morning duties here. It has been described that in a different era Maharaja Vrishabhanu found Radhika in this kund while bathing.
- She was a newly-born baby girl playing on a lotus flower in the water. This charming kund is surrounded on all sides by jiyala trees.
- Sometimes, Radhika would bathe here and enjoy water sports together with Her sakhis. Rasika Vrajendra-nandan Shri Krishna would also bathe here, but at another ghat.
- He would then dive under the water, catch hold of the gopis feet, and again emerge on His side of the pond.
- Sometimes, Nand-nandan Shri Krishna would also sport with these gopis in the water and also play hide and seek.
- This kund is named after Maharaja Vrishabhanu.
Barsana Related Places
Kunds Of Barsana