Usha / उषा
- Usha,a Daitya (Daemon) princess, daughter of the demon Banasur of Shonitpur and grand-daughter of Bali.
- Usha fell in love with a prince whom she saw in a dream, and was anxious to know if there was such a person.
- Her companion, Chitralekha, drew the portraits of many gods and men, but Usha's choice fell upon Aniruddh, son of Pradyumna and grandson of Krishna.
- Chitralekha, used her magic powers and brought Aniruddh to Usha. Banasur, on hearing of the youth's being in the palace, overpowered him with his magic power and imprisoned him.
- When Krishna, Pradyumna and Balram heard of this from the sage Narad, they went to his rescue. Banasur was defeated and Aniruddh was carried back to Dvarka, where he was married to Usha.
- Aniruddh and Usha had a son named Vajra.