|This page is not complete. You can help us to prepare this page.|
Mahavidya Devi Temple / महाविद्या देवी मन्दिर
- Once, Maharaja Nand, Yashoda devi, Krishna, Baldev and other gopas came to Ambikavan on pilgrimage.
- They bathed in the sacred water of the Sarasvati River, worshipped Pashupati (Gokarna Mahadev) and stayed overnight.
- That night, a huge python caught Nand Baba and slowly began to swallow him. Everyone tried to save him, but to no avail.
- Nand Baba cried out to Krishna in great distress, and something wonderful took place – Krishna touched the python with His foot, and he at once gave up his huge snake body and assumed the form of a beautiful Vidhyadhara *.
- The Vidyadhara stood up and paid his respect to Shri Krishna. On Krishna's inquiry, he revealed his identity. "I was a Vidyadhara named Sudarshana," he said. "Once, while flying in an airplane, I saw some deformed sages in the lineage of Angira Muni and made fun of them. They cursed me to become a snake.
- Today that curse has proved to be a benediction, because the touch of Your lotus feet has not only freed me from the curse, but has also made my life successful."
- This place is famous as Mahavidya Devi or Ambika Devi. Along the parikrama path after this holy place comes Saraswati Kund, Chamunda Devi and Rajak Vadh Tila.
Temples Of Mathura
Bhuteshwar Mahadev · Dirgha Vishnu Temple · Dwarkadhish Temple · Gatashram Temple · Krishn Janm Bhumi · Gokarneshwar Mahadev · Gaudiya Matha Shri Keshavji · Kankali Devi Temple · Mahavidya Temple · Mathura Devi Temple · Pipaleshwar Mahadev · Padmanabhji Temple · Rangeshwar Mahadev · Adivarah Temple