Shyamsunder Temple / श्यामसुन्दर का मन्दिर
- The temple of Shri Shyamsundar is situated near the Shri Radha Damodar Temple in Vrindavan.
- Shri Radha-Shyamsundar, the deities established and worshipped by gaudiya-vedanta-acharya Shril Baldev Vidyabhushan, are very beautiful. Opposite the entrance door of the temple is the samadhi of Shri Shyamanand Prabhu.
- Shril Baldev Vidyabhushan was born in a village near the famous Remuna in Orissa. He studied grammar, rhetoric and logic in an academic village on the bank of Chilka-hrada. After this, he went to Mysore to study the Vedas.
- In Udupi, he deeply studied Madhva-bhasya along with Shankar-bhasya, Parijata-bhasya and other commentaries (bhasyas) on the Vedanta.
- After some time, he studied in Shri Dhama Jagannath Puri the Sat-sandarbhas under Shri Radha-Damodar, a disciple of Shri Rasikananda Prabhu.
- At this time, he came to know of Shri Radha-Damodar's profound scholarship and devout life and became his disciple.
- Later on, in Vrindavan, he studied Shrimad Bhagvat and the books of the Goswamis from the famous gaudiya rasikacharya Shri Vishvanath Chakravarti Thakur and, on his instruction, went to Jaipur.
- At the well-known Galta in Jaipur, he defeated the scholars of the Shri sampradaya and other opponents to the Gaudiya line, and established the deity of Shri Vijaya Gopal.
- To increase the faith of the local scholars, he composed Shri Govind-bhasya on Brahma-sutra there, and re-installed Shri Radhaji beside Shri Govind dev in the famous Govind Temple.
- Some of the books he composed, which have enlarged the treasure house of Shri Gaudiya Vaishnav literature, are Govind-bhasya, Siddhanta-ratnam, Vedanta-syamantaka, Prameya-ratnavali, Siddhanta-darpana and a commentary on Sat-sandarbha.